Hi guys,
I'm still working on the promo illustration, but I just wanted to check with you guys at the in progress stage. Right now I'm building on the underpainting and the eyes aren't quite finished yet and the hair needs highlights still.
It's in oils so it's still wet and I can't make a good scan yet, so I tried to take the best pic I can using my mac cam.
Thoughts on color? I'm not quite happy with the dark background and I'm not sure how to go about it.

Cathy: This is looking good! Few things: I know she's got hair down, but her neck line seems little bit off. Eyes are not finished, so pass that. Nice detail on hand-maybe put some detail on her hair to balance it out? To me, the dark background merges into her hair..so one vote on blue(I like how it has ominous shading) but if you are not happy with it, maybe grey?
ReplyDeleteOkies, thanks Cathy!
ReplyDeleteHel Here:
ReplyDeleteLooks like everyone's been kinda busy these past few weeks, I don't know if you've gotten any further on your promotion piece, but i'll add in my two cents as well. I agree with Cathy about the neck, it seems like there should a be a little more neck on the left side. The blue kind of adds to the dark atmosphere of the painting, and it pops too. Just be careful of the top right corner, it looks like you forgot to add in the blue up there.
Hope it helps!
M.D: Sorry again for the late reply. I agree with Helen’s and Cathy’s comments. I really like the surreal & ominous feeling, therefore I like the dark background. This is great, I look forward to seeing it when it’s finished. (That hand is beautiful!)
ReplyDelete