I think they are both great ideas, but I'm really liking sketch #1. The idea of the girl with two faces is great! I can totally see a great promotion piece out of this one!
The first one is a lot more interesting, but it's also super creepy. I don't know if that's what you're going for though. I would maybe play around with the face of the person a little more. What kind of reaction do you want from people looking at your card?
For the first one, I was kinda going for a reverse pokerface idea, and yes, I want it to be creepy.
Like the girl is taking off her mask which is her real face, and underneath it is that blank pokerface. I guess it's not really clear in the sketch, but for her actual face, I was thinking of a really pale skin color, almost white, and empty holes for the eyes and the other features are vaguely there. And the face she's pulling off would be all fleshed out (hah) and has all her features.
Cathy: I like the first one as well but it feels little empty. Maybe zoom in more? Also, putting some highlight will help since if its all pale, it might not gather much attention.
I think they are both great ideas, but I'm really liking sketch #1. The idea of the girl with two faces is great! I can totally see a great promotion piece out of this one!
ReplyDeleteJennifer wrote this response! ^_^
ReplyDeleteHelen here:
ReplyDeleteThe first one is a lot more interesting, but it's also super creepy. I don't know if that's what you're going for though. I would maybe play around with the face of the person a little more. What kind of reaction do you want from people looking at your card?
For the first one, I was kinda going for a reverse pokerface idea, and yes, I want it to be creepy.
ReplyDeleteLike the girl is taking off her mask which is her real face, and underneath it is that blank pokerface. I guess it's not really clear in the sketch, but for her actual face, I was thinking of a really pale skin color, almost white, and empty holes for the eyes and the other features are vaguely there. And the face she's pulling off would be all fleshed out (hah) and has all her features.
People's reaction? Well, I guess I just want to spike their curiosity or intrigue them via strange/creepy ish illustration.
ReplyDeleteCathy: I like the first one as well but it feels little empty. Maybe zoom in more? Also, putting some highlight will help since if its all pale, it might not gather much attention.
ReplyDeleteOkies. Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll post up revised sketches tomorrow.
ReplyDelete