Helen here: Don't think you need that black border thing on the right side. Although if you want to keep it as a visual element, i would consider working out the shape a little more. But i'm liking the skin tone on the girl right now.
Hm, I think the black border is actually kind of distracting. The shapes it makes doesn't really do much for your whole piece. Maybe a different design or color pattern instead of a solid black might help it out more?
Love the painting of the girl and the bee though. =)
M.D: It looks like it’s getting close to final, but I look forward to seeing it when you work on it more. I think in the sketch, there were less flower petals and the border appeared minimal. It looks great, the girls skin tone is wonderful, I love the intensity of the black color in the hair and the bee.
Cathy: agree with the black border. Besides that, I think you need some highlight on the bee. Composition looks good, but since the bee doesn;t have any color, it's hard to focus on it. Think about hierarchy- what part do you want the viewers to see first.
Helen here:
ReplyDeleteDon't think you need that black border thing on the right side. Although if you want to keep it as a visual element, i would consider working out the shape a little more. But i'm liking the skin tone on the girl right now.
Hm, I think the black border is actually kind of distracting. The shapes it makes doesn't really do much for your whole piece. Maybe a different design or color pattern instead of a solid black might help it out more?
ReplyDeleteLove the painting of the girl and the bee though. =)
M.D: It looks like it’s getting close to final, but I look forward to seeing it when you work on it more. I think in the sketch, there were less flower petals and the border appeared minimal. It looks great, the girls skin tone is wonderful, I love the intensity of the black color in the hair and the bee.
ReplyDeleteCathy: agree with the black border. Besides that, I think you need some highlight on the bee. Composition looks good, but since the bee doesn;t have any color, it's hard to focus on it. Think about hierarchy- what part do you want the viewers to see first.
ReplyDeleteSorry I haven't responed sooner, no internet. Thanks you guys I will definitely take out the border and work on the bee etc. ^_^
ReplyDelete