Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hel'z new card


I started a new sketch for my card, trying to make it a little more visually interesting. I'm not so sure about the placement of the speech bubble or the smoke cloud yet. Other Suggestions? Comments?

3 comments:

  1. M.D: The new sketch is great (the round edges are very nice), and i like the subtle narrative feeling. I wish your name was a little more important than ‘illustration’. At the moment, the suave man in the foreground with the dynamic illustration smoke grabs my attention, and the lady in the back is secondary. But reading the color notes, I’m guessing the man in the foreground is going to be more monotonous/shadier/faded, so it’ll make a cool atmospheric second read, and the girl in the background would be the main focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy: Think you should change the speech bubble/smoke so it works better..I agree with Marian about 'illustration' seeming to be more important than your name. But besides that, I think this shows you a lot-more dynamic and sort of narrative, like your comics. Good work Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this a lot.

    Mm, if you feel the need to put your name and "illustration" in the illustration itself, maybe you can incorporate it as a sign hanging on the wall or something. I get a cafe vibe from it so maybe that could work.

    ReplyDelete